CJ 202 CJ202 Week 1 Quiz Answers (Grantham)
CJ202 Week 1 Quiz (Grantham)
- Which of the following is the central purpose of punishment?
- Jeremy Benthem argued effective punishments prevent _________________in the future.
- The invention of the penitentiary occurred because of:
- The belief a punishment inflicted on an offender must achieve enough good to outweigh the pain inflicted is called:
- The founder of the Classical School of Thought is ___________________
- The period known as the Enlightenment had what effect(s) on society?
- For the purpose of deterrence, which principle(s) did Beccaria believe were most important?
- During the Age of Reason, advances in scientific thinking led to a questioning attitude thatemphasized which of the following?
- ________ was a leader of reform in England and the developer of a utilitarian approach tocrime and punishment
- The dominant social institution during the Middle Ages in England and Europe was:
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based