CHFD 215 CHFD215 Quiz 4 Answers (APUS)
CHFD 215 Quiz 4 (APUS)
- _________ indicate(s) the existence of a sensitive-period boundary for language acquisition.
- __________ involves the rules by which words are arranged into sentences.
- __________ is the tendency to perceive a range of sounds that belongs to the same phonemic class as identical.
- _______ make up the largest proportion of American toddlers' 50-word vocabularies.
- ________ stress(es) that innate abilities, a strong desire to interact with others, and a rich language and social environment combine to promote language development.
- According to __________ children observe how words are used in sentence structure and refine the word's meaning for use in other categories.
- According to the behavioristic perspective, language is acquired
- Communication skills such as taking turns and staying on the same topic involve
- Cooing typically appears around __________, and babbling usually emerges around _________
- Games such as pat-a-cake and peekaboo
- In 2 1/2- to 3-year-olds, negatives appear in the following order:
- Research on language development in infancy indicates that within the first few days after birth, babies
- Research on semantic development shows that young children comprehend new labels remarkably quickly because they use a process called
- Research shows that toddlers who use an expressive style of early language learning tend to
- Two-year-old Jacqueline said "Mommy dancing," rather than her usual "Mommy dance," when her mother started dancing. The "-ing" ending is known as a
- Two-year-old Sal says "Eat food" to his mother when he is hungry. Sal's utterance is an example of
- When 3-year-old Melissa was talking to her father on the phone she said, "What's that?" as she pointed to a bug on the window. Melissa's question demonstrates her lack of
- Which of the following is an example of an overextension?
- Which of the following is supported by research on child-directed speech?
- A 10-week-old infant who sees her mother's face will probably react with
- A baby would be LEAST likely to use ____ as a source for social referencing.
- According to __________, an effective match between child-rearing practices and a child's temperament leads to favorable development and psychological adjustment.
- According to the functionalist approach, emotions
- Among preschoolers, ____ require(s) adult instruction.
- An infant who receives a still-faced response from a parent will initially
- As a newborn, Jakobi turns his head when presented with an unpleasant odor. By 8 weeks, he displays a fleeting angry face before crying and turning away from the same stimulus. At 8 months, his facial expression shows disgust, he pushes the unpleasant stimuli away with his hand and shakes his head. ____ explain(s) the development of Jakobi's emotional signals.
- For the first 3 weeks of daycare, 8-month-old Lindsay screamed loudly when her parents brought her into the classroom, jerked her body back fiercely when the childcare provider picked her up, and was unable to develop a normal naptime routine. Which type of temperament does Lindsay have?
- In the New York Longitudinal Study, Thomas and Chess
- Infants exposed to chronic psychological stress
- Metta, a 4-year-old, would probably
- Nine-month-old Kailyn learns that when she makes a clucking sound in the back of her throat, her 4-year-old sister giggles. She continues to make this sound until both children are squealing with laughter. Kailyn is
- The ____, developed by ____, hypothesizes that an infant's emotional tie to his caregiver is an evolved response that promotes survival through ensuring both safety and competence.
- Travis is not distressed when his mother leaves the room, and reacts to a researcher in the same manner as to his mother. When his mother returns, he does not greet her and does not cling to her when picked up. Travis exhibits characteristics of ____ attachment.
- Which child is more likely to show negative feelings?
- Which of the following statements on culture and temperament is true?
- Which of the following are typical fears of middle childhood?
- Which person is more likely to engage in games such as pat-a-cake and peekaboo with their infant?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based