BUSN 311 BUSN311 Final Exam with Answers (American Public University)
BUSN 311 BUSN/311 BUSN311 WEEK 8 Final Exam (AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY)
- Joe plans to form Joe’s Plumbing, Inc. He enters into a contract with Mary on Monday and then forms his corporation on Tuesday. Joe breaches the contract. Mary sues Joe and Joe’s Plumbing, Inc. for breach of contract.
- Denny forms, ACME, Inc. From this point on no one can successfully sue Denny over any contract entered into by ACME, Inc.
- The purpose of SOX is to protect corporate management in the event that inaccurate SEC disclosures are filed.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not prohibit companies from discriminating based on age.
- Milton Friedman was a supporter of:
- “Within the confines of law and ethics” is an important qualifier in which ethical framework
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964:
- In all cases of discrimination the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) will file a lawsuit.
- Emphasizing cost controls, profits and timelines over what is ethical or lawful, similar to British Petroleum’s management’s actions on the Deepwater Horizon job is a prime example of the shareholder theory.
- Which of the following acts allows employees to file a wage discrimination complaint within 180 days of their last paycheck?
- Joe files a lawsuit against Bob. Bob is served with a copy of the complaint. Bob puts the complaint in a drawer and ignores it for six months. What happens to the case?
- Jenny promises to pay Ivan $300 in exchange for Ivan’s promise to paint Jenny’s house. This is an example of a(n):
- Jimmy is 16 and enters a contract to purchase a car. The terms of the sale are “as is” and no returns. Jimmy drives the car home and then decides he does not want to keep the car. He returns it to the seller. Jimmy will be allowed to return the car.
- Gary decides to open a marijuana store in Idaho. Although several states have passed laws that legalize marijuana, Idaho is not one of them, After hearing that there is a petition going around the Idaho legislature to try to get a law passed, Gary contracts with Jimmy to purchase marijuana plants. Jimmy takes Gary’s money but does not deliver the plants. Gary will likely win a breach of contract claim against Jimmy.
- Jane enters into a contract to purchase a house from Jimmy. The house is on the historic register. After the contract is signed Jimmy decides he does not want to sell the house to Jane. Jane’s best remedy is to sue Jimmy for:
- Please click on the assignments tab to complete the short answer portion of this exam.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based