BUSI 223 BUSI223 Quiz 2 Time Value of Money (Liberty)
BUSI 223 Quiz 2
1. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar to be received in the future.
2. If I am using a financial calculator, what is the least amount of variables that I need to have in order to solve for time value of money?
3. I just started my career at 30. I want to be able to retire at 58. I do not have any money to away today, but I can put away $1,000 a month. How much will I have at retirement if I can earn 6%?
4. Using the future value of calculations to estimate the funds needed to meet a goal takes compounding into account.
5. Present Value describes the process of determining what a cash flow to be received in the future is worth in today’s dollars.
6. In terms of time value of money, a payment is a series of two or more equal amounts that occur at regular time periods.
7. Michael and Sandy purchased a home for $100,000 five years ago. If it appreciated 6% annually what is it worth today?
8. Elena purchased a stamp collection for $5,000 thirty years ago. If it appreciated 8% annually, what is it worth today?
9. I want to be a millionaire by the time I retire at age 65. I am currently 22 years old. I can earn 4% in a CD. I have $2,000 that I can put away today. How much do I need to put away each year in order to reach $1,000,000?
10. The process of finding future value is discounting.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based