BUSI 2003 Midterm Exam with Answers
- A lean system is designed to expose errors and get them corrected at the source.
- According to the service matrix proposed by Collier and Meyer, ATM services are categorized as:
- Which of the following statements concerning the development of operations function, mission, objectives, and strategies is true?
- A Kaizen event is a long-term continuous improvement project
- _____ seeks to eliminate defects in goods services by preventing and correcting human-generated errors:
- The Service Profit chain indicates how customer satisfaction and loyalty along with employee satisfaction and loyalty are important to the overall profitability of the service industry.
- Which of the following statement(s) is/are true about kanban?
- A major drawback of a line process is the jumbled flow, which reduces the throughput and efficiency.
- The interfunctional approach is usually the best way to develop new products since it includes both market and technological considerations in the new product design.
- Service recovery refers to:
- Common inputs to the operations transformation process include all of the following except
- Employee selection, job design, workplace design and reward for employees are important drivers of the service-profit chain.
- Which of the following statements about the development of operations function mission, objectives, and strategies is false?
- A make-to-stock process (MTS) can provide faster service to customers while a make-to-order (MTO) process can provide customized service to customers.
- Lean and lean thinking can be applied to the operations function within an organization
- The second common phase of product development focuses on product design. Which of the following is not an activity of the product design?
- The most important factor for improving profits in the service-profit chain is:
- Concurrent engineering is a sequential development process involving all the functions in an organization.
- Value is defined as Price/Benefits.
- Which one of the following is not true for changing layouts and maintaining equipment in a lean production system?
- The Knee-Hugger Jeans Company makes designer jeans in six colors under a make-to-stock approach. In response to a new fashion craze, customers have expressed the desire to acquire these jeans in three different styles-namely regular, tight-fit and relaxed-fit styles, with and without "stylish" holes, and with one of four cuts for the pants leg: boot-cut, bell-bottom cut, flared-cut or regular cut. How many different combinations of unique end items would this company have to inventory?
- Four major decision responsibilities of the operations management function include all of the following except:
- An organization's strategy must be chosen such that it is linked with product plans and management's competitive priorities. Which company below is most likely to choose a batch flow production system?
- There are key differences between service and manufacturing organizations. Which of the following is true regarding these differences?
- Which of the following is not an example of an organization's distinctive competence?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based