BUS 435 BUS435 Module 3 Assignment 2 Solution (Argosy University)
BUS 435 Module 3 Assignment 2 Legal and Ethical Leadership and Management (Argosy University)
CLA sells the clothing to Normandale at a low price allowing Normandale to sell the products for a total gross profit of nearly $3 million, an increase of nearly 50% over its sale of Mathis products. Mathis discovers that Normandale is selling counterfeit products, and sends several cease-and-desist letters to them—to no avail. Mathis then sues Normandale alleging Normandale has engaged in illegal conduct. Normandale counters that it did nothing wrong.
Respond to the following questions:
- Was it ethical for Normandale to sell the alleged knock-off products at a lower price? Explain.
- What federal or state laws protect owners of intellectual property? How do they apply here? Explain.
- What damages, if any, has Mathis suffered because of Normandale’s conduct? Explain.
- What are the differing views on the social responsibility of corporations like Normandale?
- What ethical code could Normandale implement to prevent similar incidents in the future?
- Do the owners of Normandale have personal liability to Mathis for damages? Explain.
- Do the owners of Normandale have personal criminal liability for their conduct and that of the business? Explain.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based