BUS 311 BUS/311 BUS311 Week 4 Quiz Answers
BUS 311 BUS/311 BUS311 Week 4 Quiz
- Which of the following is a partnership?
- Attorneys Arianna and Alexander share an office that has a sign reading: “A & A, a law firm.” Their billing invoices have both their names on them, and they deposit their earnings and cover the rent from the same account. They do not share profits or have any agreement to be partners. Dexter, a client of Arianna’s for the past two years, sues both Arianna and Alexander, alleging that Arianna committed malpractice. If Dexter wins in court and is awarded $50,000 in damages, who is liable to him?
- If you find a diamond bracelet on the public sidewalk, you are most likely to be able to keep the bracelet if it is:
- Carmen tells Jason, “I just found out I have cancer and I probably only have a month to live, so I’m giving you my oil painting, ‘Flowers in a Vase’.” Jason commiserates over her impending death, thanks her, and takes the painting. This illustrates:
- A trademark is an example of:
- Brian is the 99% shareholder, president, and director of Arapine Corp. He frequently uses the corporation credit card for his personal expenses. If Arapine is insolvent and unable to pay its debts, and the corporation’s creditors sue Brian personally, what is the likely result?
- Jake moves into an empty house. The owner lives down the block, and sees Jake coming and going periodically. Before Jake moved in, the house was often vandalized, but Jake seems to be taking care of it. After 20 years, the law declares Jake to be the owner of the property. This is an example of:
- Kevin and Emily own a house as joint tenants. If Kevin dies, Emily will own
- William, who wrote a novel twenty years ago about a school for magicians, sues J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books, for copyright infringement. William will probably lose, because
- Anna gathers leaves that have fallen from a neighbor’s tree onto the sidewalk and makes them into an elaborate collage. Anna owns the collage by:
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based