BUS 311 BUS/311 BUS311 Week 3 Quiz Answers
BUS 311 BUS/311 BUS311 Week 3 Quiz
- Petra appoints Alexander as her real estate agent to help her buy a house. Harry appoints Alexander as his agent to help sell Harry’s house. Alexander thinks Petra would like Harry’s house, and would be willing to pay Harry’s asking price. Which of the following may Alexander lawfully do?
- Employees and independent contractors are two types of compensated agents.
- Among other things, the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 regulates minimum wage hours worked and overtime, employees’ breaks and child labor.
- The U.S. has laws that prevent an employer from terminating employees without due cause.
- Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act makes it illegal for an employer to discriminate based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in any term or condition of employment.
- Jose’s mother, Margaret, named Jose as her financial power of attorney so that Jose could endorse her checks, pay her bills and take care of her finances. The day after Margaret died; Jose found Margaret’s retirement check in her mail. Jose endorsed the check as Margaret’s power of attorney and deposited it into Margaret’s sole account. Jose’s actions were:
- The authority for investigating unfair labor practices is vested in the:
- Peter tells Annabel to mark down all products 15% for a weekend sale. Annabel, correctly thinking that some items are so in demand they will still sell with only a 5% discount, sells some products with a 5% discount, some with 15%, and some with no discount at all. She keeps the extra as a bonus, figuring that Peter is expecting regular price minus 15%. All the inventory sells in the weekend sale. Which of the following is true?
- An employer has a duty to indemnify, or compensate an employee for any losses suffered as a result of authorized legal acts that the employee performs under the employment agreement.
- Under Title IV of the 1964 Civil Rights Act
the Catholic Church is required to ordain women for the priesthood
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based