BUS 310 BUS310 Week 6 Quiz 5 (STRAYER)
BUS 310 Week 6 Quiz 5
- Westside Elementary School received a number of applications for a teaching position. The school wants to increase the diversity of its staff, who are mostly white females. The top two applicants were both white females, but a Hispanic female and an African-American male were almost ranked as highly, with all four showing very close scores. The school decided to hire the Hispanic female. They were making their selection decision based on
- Which of the following errors is related to the initial meeting that occurs between an interviewer and interviewee?
- Alan frequently attends professional presentations and training seminars at his work location. At one of these presentations, it was announced that a new supervisory position in Alan's department was about to be created and that there would be a formal external search. Which recruiting method was used?
- ____ enable recruiting to utilize both internal and external perspectives.
- Which of the following is NOT an important piece of information necessary for performing a utility analysis of a selection system?
- Which of the following would be considered an important organizational goal in recruiting efforts?
- Which of the following would NOT be considered an advantage of internal recruiting?
- Kraft Foods, which makes and distributes grocery products, uses online recruiting for sales personnel. On its website, Kraft says, "A Sales Representative distributes, sells, and promotes Kraft products. You are the primary link with retail customers and consumers. You execute company promotions, meet inventory needs, and monitor the competition within your region. Most of your time is spent problem solving with your customer to create a win-win solution." Which of the following goals of recruiting is Kraft trying to meet with this statement?
- The number years spent working in a profession is an example of which of the following basic selection criteria?
- Which of the following would be considered an advantage of external recruiting?
- At which step in the selection process is information gathered about the candidates?
- A realistic job preview is
- Which of the following is NOT a goal of the recruiting process?
- Which of the following is a disadvantage of internal recruiting?
- Which of the following statements would be MOST appropriate as part of a realistic job preview for the job of restaurant waiter?