BUS 300 BUS300 Week 9 Quiz 8 (STRAYER)
BUS 300 Week 9 Quiz 8
This quiz consist of 30 multiple choice questions. The first 15 questions cover the material in Chapter 15. The second 15 questions cover the material in Chapter 16.
- A research scientist working for your company finds a cure for cancer, and you're asked to write the release. The newsworthy element inherent in the story is
- Which of the following pertain to Internet news releases?
- If you want to understand the importance of newsworthiness to the media, you should
- A major element that helps media editors decide whether to even read a news release is
- In the age of the Internet, if a "419 letter" is an indication, writing has become a key communication skill even for
- The rule to follow regarding numbers indicates that numbers till ________ should be spelled out.
- A news release that has news value must
- The style for capitalization writers in public relations follow for publication is
- Like public relations teachers, supervisors and executive recruiters indicate that
- The overriding purpose of a news release is
- An absolute way to avoid misspellings,
- The key to the practice of public relations remains
- Which of the following rules about editing do not apply to Internet newswriting?
- A story that touches on an emotional experience is using the ________ angle.
- A new chief executive for your organization has been named, so the news release depends on the ________ factor for its news value.
- Which of the following is what often prompts a "white paper"?
- Among the most important bits of advice about writing for the ear is
- Which component in the speechwriting process is made easier because it uses the 4W checklist?
- Which aspect of the speechwriting process is essential for the writer to help ensure a strong speech?
- Characteristics of a composing an effective "creative" pitch letter include
- If you were announcing your newest top executive targeted to the Wall Street Journal, you'd more likely provide a ________ than a ________, which would be what the papers feature writers might prefer.
- The term "Op-Ed" refers to which of the following?
- Aspiring speechwriters should realize
- A fact sheet
- Which of the following essential elements in organizing a speech provides the purpose or central idea?
- The likely advantage to public relations persons who place byliners is that it
- A media kit serves as a
- Public relations people who provide reporters a "scoop" are
- A standby statement generally
- What distinguishes a presentation from a speech?