BTM 7101-8 BTM7101-8 Week 4 Activity 4 (NCU)
BTM7101-8 Week 4 Activity 4 (NCU)
Main Task: Evaluate Library Databases and Resources for use in Research
For this activity you will do a library search for resources in your area of professional or research interest. Locate three peer-reviewed journal articles, one book chapter, and one scholarly resource (website or other resource). Then, prepare a brief paper on your library search and your results. First, fill out this chart and for each resource include the following (template attached.):
• Appropriate citation (APA form) for the resource you discovered.
• Name of the database you used.
• Keywords you used.
• Any search limiters such as full text, date, peer-reviewed that you used.
• A note about your skills at this point in using the database from which you accessed the resource; what do you still need to practice?
Then, conclude your assignment with some general remarks that comment on:
• How useful was each database for you?
• What important journals, key scholars, or new ideas did you discover from your search.
• How might a library search spark new ideas? As you searched did you find new ideas or new directions for your search? Did the direction your search take you surprise you?
Length: Completed chart and 1 page reflection paper
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University's Academic Integrity Policy.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based