BST 322 BST322 Quiz 3 Answers (National University)
- Chi square test for independence compares observed frequencies with:
- The degrees of freedom for a 3X4 contingency table are:
- The formula for ____________ is (Rtotal X Ctotal)/N
- This is the measure of strength of relationship most commonly used with a 2X2 table
- Non-parametric tests do not require that variables be normally distributed
- Non-parametric tests may be run when the assumptions for parametric tests cannot be met
- Non-parametric tests are more powerful than parametric tests
- This is used when a conservative approach is desired and an expected cell frequency is less than 10 in a 2X2 table.
- This is used when the expected cell frequency in a 2X2 table is less than 5
- This test is analogous to the t-test (independent groups), when the measurement of the dependent variable is ordinal.
- This can be thought of as the chi-square type equivalent to the paired t-test
- Chi-square tests can only be conducted for a 2X2 contingency table.
- Parametric tests can be used with any type of data
- The test statistic calculated in the process of a Kruskall-Wallis test is H
- The distribution of chi-square values is normally distributed
- Generally, tests for ordinal variables involve ranking in some way.
- A researcher wants to determine if blocked heparin lock (yes or no) is related to the occurrence of subsequent complications (yes or no). The Chi-Square null hypothesis for this study is that a blocked heparin lock leads to complications.
- Parametric tests can be used with any type of data as the dependent variable (i.e., nominal, ordinal, interval, etc.).
- If the Chi-Square statistic is less than the table value, we accept the null hypothesis
- Expected frequencies are the number of cases that would be found in each cell if the null hypothesis were true.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based