BSOP 326 BSOP326 Week 6 CheckPoint Assignment Answers
BSOP 326 Week 6 CheckPoint Statistical Thinking and Process Improvement
1. (TCO 11) The component of statistical methodology that includes the collection, organization, and summarization of data is called _____
2. (TCO 11) Characteristics of the population are called _____.
3. (TCO 11) Which of the following constitutes an operational approach to reducing sampling error?
4. (TCO 11) Calculating the average value of five sample measurements of door width is an example of which of the following?
5. (TCO 11) Acting on every result as if it were a special cause of variation is known as which of the following?
6. (TCO 12) A statistical technique that is useful for interpreting scatter diagrams is which of the following?
7. (TCO 12) Another name for a cause-and-effect diagram is which of the following?
8. (TCO 12) To enable a service process to be mistake-proof, unlike manufacturing processes, the _____ must be considered.
9. (TCO 12) Which of the following pairs of charts are used together?
10. (TCO 12) A p-chart is also called a _____.
11. (TCO 12) Determine the sample standard deviation(s) for the following data: 7, 8, 2, 1, 3, and 5.
12. (TCO 12) Six samples of subgroup size 6 (n=6) were collected. Determine the upper control limit (UCL) for an X-Bar chart if the mean of the sample averages is 4.7 and the mean of the sample ranges is 0.35.
13. (TCO 12) Twenty samples of subgroup size 6 (n=6) were collected for a variable measurement. Determine the upper control limit (UCL) for an R-chart if the mean of the sample ranges equals 4.4.
Factors for calculating control limits:
1. (TCO 11) What are the advantages of studying a sample from the population instead of studying the entire population though a census?
2. (TCO 11) Define standard error of the mean.
3. (TCO 11) Differentiate between an enumerative study and an analytic study. Which type of study is more appropriate for descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing on the population mean, and time-series analysis?
4. (TCO 12) Explain the difference between Type I and Type II errors in the context of a control chart
5. (TCO 12) Define the term statistical process control.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based