BIOL102/BIOL103 Heredity Quiz (UMUC)
BIOL102/BIOL103 Heredity Quiz
- The sister chromatids separate during which stage of meiosis?
- Homologous pairs of chromosomes line up at the center of the cell in during which stage of meiosis?
- Which of these discusses genotypes rather than phenotypes.
- Genotypes provide information about
- Peter gets his blood tested and finds out that he is B+. This test identified a
- A haploid organism has how many copies of each chromosome?
- Linked genes: _______________________________.
- The next two questions are based on the following information.
Part 1 of 2: In beans yellow (Y) is dominant to green (y) and smooth (S) is dominant to wrinkled (s). What are the possible genotypes for the offspring of the following cross: YySS and YYSs.
- Part 2 of 2: In beans with yellow (Y) dominant to green (y) and smooth (S) dominant to wrinkled (s): What are the phenotypes for the offspring in the example in the previous question?
- The next three questions are based on the following information.
In humans, the ability to roll the tongue (T) is dominant over the inability to do so (t). Suppose Mike, who can roll his tongue, and Jeannie, who cannot roll her tongue, have a child, Benjamin.
Part 1 of 3: If Mike’s mother was able to roll her tongue but his father was not able to roll his, then what is the probability that Benjamin will be able to roll his tongue?
- Part 2 of 3: What is the probability that Benjamin will be homozygous recessive?
- Part 3 of 3: What is the probability that Benjamin will be homozygous dominant?
- In peas, purple is dominant over white for flower color. Suppose a purple flower is crossed with a white flower. Some of the offspring are purple, and others are white. What is the genotype of the original purple flower?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based