Ashford PHI 208 Week 2 Quiz Answers (NEW)
PHI208 Week 2 Quiz
- What is Tom Regan’s position about the use of animals in research and agriculture?
- What is Tom Regan’s main criticism of the contractarian approach to ethical duties?
- The philosopher John Stuart Mill recognized the following as a potential problem for utilitarianism
- According to Mill, utilitarian morality holds that:
- Which of the following does not happen in the “Meet Your Meat” to animals with diseases or injuries on modern factory farms:
- Which of the following would be an expression of rule utilitarianism, rather than act utilitarianism?
- What does Singer say about other philosophers’ attempts to argue that only humans have moral worth?
- Which of the following does not describe how egg-laying hens are treated in factory farms?
- According to Jeremy Bentham (as described by Singer) what should determine whether a being’s interests should be taken into account?
- What is speciesism?
- Which of the following does Tom Regan say about the utilitarian approach to animal ethics?
- What is Peter Singer’s point about performing vivisection on mentally disabled human infants?
- Which of the following does not happen to pigs on today’s factory farms in the “Meet Your Meat” video?
- What does Tom Regan say about the cruelty/kindness approach to animal ethics?
- What does Singer say about finding the basis for moral duties in the “intrinsic dignity” of humanity?
- Which of the following makes it difficult to calculate the utility of an act
- What moral theory does Jeremy Bentham (with whom Singer seems to agree) endorse?
- Which of the following does Peter Singer assert about the principle of equality?
- How do we determine the difference between higher and lower pleasures, according to Mill?
- Which of the following statements is the strongest evidence that the person saying it is a utilitarian?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based