Ashford PHI 208 PHI208 Week 4 Quiz Answers (NEW)
PHI208 Week 4 Quiz
- Hill claims that a fruitful way to think about the badness of destroying the environment is:
- Aristotle describes each virtue as:
- According to the scene from The Bridge on the River Kwai, what is the ultimate reason Colonel Nicholson (Alec Guinness) insists that the soldiers work hard to build the best bridge possible:
- According to Aristotle, happiness is:
- Most definitions of honor regard it as having the following two elements:
- Robinson describes magnanimity and integrity as both primarily concerned with what?
- In The Emperor’s Club, what best describes the teacher’s (Kevin Kline) response to his student’s (Emile Hirsch) admission of cheating?
- Robinson describes magnanimity as the mean between the extremes of:
- Hill refers to the ability to understand oneself, to face oneself, and to be honest about the kind of creature one is by this term:
- Which of the following would be an idea shared both by the teacher (Kevin Kline) from the clip of The Emperor’s Club, and by either MacIntyre or Aristotle (or both)?
- According to Robinson, a person who has integrity is someone who:
- Aristotle conceives of a virtue as:
- Robinson describes integrity as a virtue that has the
- According to Thomas Hill’s account of environmental ethics, a person might show a lack of virtue when they:
- Robinson argues that honor
- What would best express Colonel Nicholson’s (Alec Guinness) view regarding what makes a soldier, as expressed in the The Bridge on the River Kwai clip?
- In what way would Hill’s notion of “self-acceptance” correspond to Aristotle’s conception of eudaimonia?
- Robinson argues that integrity should be regarded as:
- In Hill’s example, what did the wealthy eccentric man do to his yard after he bought a new house?
- Aristotle states that if we ask what the highest good of human action is:
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based