Ashford HIS 104 HIS104 Week 3 Assignment Opium War
HIS104 Week 3 Assignment Opium War
Opium War. Write a two- to three-page paper discussing the origins and outcome of the Opium Wars between Britain and China, discussing all of the following points:
- Explain the expansion of European imperialism in Asia and why it led to the British importing opium to China.
- Evaluate the origins of the Opium Wars from both Chinese and British viewpoints, and incorporate a well-defined argument of which country had a more valid claim.
- Analyze the consequences of the Treaty of Nanjing.
- Explain some of the lessons that we can take from the history of the Opium Wars.
The paper must:
- Be two to three pages in length, not including title and reference pages.
- Be formatted according to APA style.
- Start with an introduction and provide a thesis statement.
- Contain at least one quote from the treaty of Nanjing.
- Contain one quote from one of the other sources listed.
- Cite sources in text and on the reference page.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based