Ashford HIS 104 HIS104 Week 2 Assignment Haitian Revolution
HIS104 Week 2 Assignment Haitian Revolution
Haitian Revolution. Write a paper discussing the origins and impacts of Haitian Revolution, addressing all of the following points:
- Explain how the French Revolution and the ideas of the Enlightenment contributed to the Haitian Revolution.
- Compare the goals of the five different groups in Haiti pertaining to the Revolution.
- Analyze the success, impact, and legacy of the Haitian Revolution. (Consider the following questions
when addressing this part of the assignment: What contributed to the success of the revolution? How did the Haitian Revolution impact the rest of the America? What are some of the legacies of the Haitian Revolution in Haiti today?)
This paper must be two to three pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must begin your paper with an introduction with succinct thesis statement that provides clear direction and purpose to the paper. You must use at least two scholarly resources (at least one of which must be found in the Ashford University Library) other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar, in your online course.
In order to gain a better understanding of the Haitian Revolution, watch the following film and review the following timeline:
- Koval, M., & Asté, P. (Producers). (2009). Égalité for all: Toussaint Louverture and the Haitian revolution[Video]. Retrieved from the Films On Demand database.
- Shen, K. (2008, December 9). History of Haiti 1492-1805 [Timeline]. Retrieved from http://library.brown.edu/haitihistory/index.html
To undertake the research for this assignment, review the following online exhibition, and read the following scholarly source:
- (n.d.). The other revolution: Haiti, 1789 – 1804 [Online exhibition]. Retrieved from http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/John_Carter_Brown_Library/haitian/index.html#
- Knight, F. W. (2005). The Haitian Revolution and the notion of human rights. Journal of the Historical Society, 5(3), 391-416. doi:10.1111/j.1540-5923.2005.00136.x. Retrieved from the Academic Search Complete (EBSCOhost) database.
For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, and for using scholarly and primary sources, visit theAshford Writing Center.
The Ashford Writing Center has two kinds of tutoring available to you:
Live Chat – If you have writing-related questions about a topic before you draft a discussion post or submit a written assignment, you will now be able to chat live with a tutor for up to 20 minutes. Live Chat will be available Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST).
Email Paper Review – If you have a draft, partial draft, or are just having trouble getting started, you can complete a submission form and email your paper to the AWC for review.
Writing tutors will do their best to return your paper with their comments within 48 hours, not including Saturdays and Sundays. Please plan accordingly if you would like to receive feedback before an assignment due date.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based