Ashford GRO 325 GRO325 Week 5 Assignment Final Paper
GRO 325 Week 5 Final Paper
Focus of the Final Paper
For your Final Paper, you are challenged to reflect on the key concepts covered in this course, and to utilize those concepts to analyze a holistic approach to successful aging.
Throughout this course, we have discussed a variety of ways to enhance the quality of life for older adults and prevent the onset of chronic and acute disease. Drawing from those discussions and assignments, you will be creating a paper that analyzes what you believe to be a holistic approach to healthy aging. This paper should be comprehensive and demonstrate the interconnectedness of the elements discussed in this course (e.g., theory, medical care, nutrition/activity, health promotion). Also, within your paper, you will need to address the following elements in general as well as in context with your analysis of healthy aging:
- In your introduction, briefly describe your approach to healthy aging and any association components you believe
are necessary for such an approach (e.g., services, promotion, or other strategies discussed in this course).
- Explain healthy aging with respect to life expectancy.
- Analyze the physiology and psychology of aging in general and how they relate to the components you stated in
the introduction of this paper (from number one above).
- Discuss the factors that influence healthy aging and life expectancy.
- Assess the theories of aging and which one best aligns with your approach and associated components.
- Describe health promotion and disease prevention strategies for healthy aging. Illustrate the strategy of your
approach for successful aging, and outline how it would be an improvement over existing strategies.
- Analyze medical care and mental health services for older people. Explain how these may or may not apply to
your approach to healthy aging and/or individual components.
- Analyze the future directions of aging and the care of the older population and offer recommendations for
improving healthy aging and explain how they would be applied to your approach.
The Final Paper should build upon the concepts learned in Weeks One through Five, and should be eight to ten pages in length (excluding title and reference pages). You must use at least six sources to support your analysis.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the
Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based