Ashford EDU 673 EDU673 Week 1 Assignment Foundations and Implications of a Differentiated Classroom
EDU 673 EDU673 EDU/673 Week 1 Assignment Foundations and Implications of a Differentiated Classroom
Foundations and Implications of a Differentiated Classroom. One of the key principals of differentiation is information dissemination to stakeholders including students, parents, colleagues, and others involved in the education community.
In preparing for the first day of a new school year, you decide to create either informational literature (like a brochure or double-sided flyer) or a classroom website explaining the foundations of Differentiated Instruction and its implication in your classroom. Whether you choose to create a brochure, flyer, or classroom website, the information must be specific to your current or fictional classroom (e.g., school, grade level, academic content, student population).
In this assignment you must:
- Define differentiation in your own words including the justification for differentiating in the classroom
- Describe how you will create a positive learning environment that is also safe and secure.
- Describe how you will meet the social and emotional needs of your students including ways to eliminate
student fear of failure.
- Discuss your expectations of student work and assignments.
- Describe how you will provide students opportunities to succeed.
- Discuss how you will assess student work.
- Select at least three resources (your text may be used as one source) for education stakeholders on
differentiation (e.g.,, books, articles, websites, etc.). These will be different from the sources you use to support your assignment (see below).
Be creative! Whatever you choose to create, provide access to your instructor by uploading all the necessary links or text in a document. Use your course text and two scholarly articles in the Ashford University Library or Google Scholar to support your research. Although a typical brochure or flyer is two pages (front and back) there is not a page or length requirement for this assignment, as that will limit your creativity; however, each rubric-based requirement must be fully and thoroughly addressed. If you plan to create a classroom website, you must provide access to the website to your instructor. Be sure to provide proper APA citations at the end of your assignment for the sources that you use (e.g., at the bottom of the brochure or website).
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based