Ashford EDU 649 EDU 649 Week 5 Assignment Working On Your Website
EDU 649 EDU649 EDU/649 Week 5 Assignment Working On Your Website (Instructional Tool
Last week you started to develop a website (instructional tool) for use in your final project. You will now be adding elements of your lesson to the site.
- First review the following Design Guidelines.
6 Guidelines for Exceptional Website Design and Usability
- Using the above resource, incorporate at least three web design guidelines into your own site as you add each of the following elements to your website.
- An introductory description of your lesson
- A full description of your learners
- A step by step description of at least one of your lesson activities including supporting learning
goals and objectives
- At least one graphic, multimedia element or embedded video
- Navigation links to move around the site
Then, write a paper (one to two pages) that addresses all of the following:
- Identify your users/audience.
- Provide a link to your website and explain the purpose of the website and lesson
- Describe how you have incorporated at least three of design guidelines into your website.
- Evaluate the process of creating your website (i.e., was it fun, frustrating, overwhelming, exciting?).
You may wish to use one of the following resources or find one of your own.
- Zunal WebQuest Generator: Very easy to use, has a nice structure in place for lessons
- WIX 2.0 Web Development: Easier than some to develop a new website. 34
• Google Sites
o Google Sites Tutorial: How to Set Up a Site Using Google Sites
o How to Set Up a WikiSpaces Site
- Blogging sites:
- Edublogs (A site hosting over 100,000 free educational blogs)
Your paper must be two to three pages in length (double-spaced, not including title and reference pages) and utilize APA formatting. It must cite at least one scholarly resource. Citations must be properly formatted in APA style.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based