Ashford COM 200 COM200 Week 2 Quiz Answers (Spring 2016)
COM 200 Week 2 Quiz (Spring 2016)
- The term ________________ describes a wide range of common and nonstandard English, including jargon, colloquialisms, idioms, and slang.
- Using racial slurs constitutes as ________________.
- The following is not an example of when communication apprehension can occurs.
- According to Bevan and Sole (2014), _____________ is psychologically created and is based partially upon a combination of one’s biological sex, group membership, and culture, and a host of other individual, relational, and societal factors.
- ___________ communication apprehension involves a reaction to a specific communication context or situation.
- Like other languages, English is not growing and evolving. It is complete and now must be mastered.
- When you communicate with others, one way to minimize misunderstandings is to increase your awareness of the intentions of your messages and the possible interpretations of your words.
- Because words have human senders and receivers, they also have multiple intentions and interpretations.
- Americans tend to look at others above the neck or below the knees. Looking at other parts of a person’s body is considered impolite, while looking at anyone for more than 3 to 5 seconds can be interpreted as staring.
- According to Bevan and Sole (2014), the United States is _____________ culture, which involves both taking in elements from other cultures and influencing others.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based