Ashford BUS 357 BUS357 Week 1 Discussion 1 Globalization Answer
BUS357 Week 1 Discussion 1 Globalization
- Globalization. Review the chapter 1 closing case: Carnival Cruise Lines: Exploiting a Sea of Global Opportunity. Fully answer at least two of the following six questions at the end of the case:
- What global forces have contributed to the growth of the cruise-line industry?
- What specific steps has Carnival Cruise Lines taken to benefit from global social changes?
- What are some of the national differences that affect the operations of cruise lines?
- Although most cruise-line passengers are from the United States, the average number of annual
vacation days taken by U.S. residents is lower than that of workers in most other high-income countries (13 days, compared with 42 in Italy, 37 in France, 35 in Germany, and 25 in Japan). How might cruise lines increase sales to people outside the United States?
- What threats exist to the future performance of the cruise-line industry and, specifically, of Carnival Cruise Lines? If you were in charge of Carnival, how would you (a) try to prevent these threats from becoming reality and (b) deal with them if they were realized?
- Discuss the ethics of cruise lines regarding the avoidance of taxes while buying ships built with governmental subsidies.
- Respond to at least two of your fellow classmates’ postings.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based