AFR 110 AFR110 Lesson 9 Quiz with Answers (Penn State University)
AFR 110 AFR110 Lesson 9 Quiz Answers (Penn State University)
- Sarah Baartman’s remains were exhibited in the Museum of Man in Paris from 1815 and for much of the twentieth century, indicating the continuing view that she did not deserve the dignity accorded to human beings. When were her remains finally removed from public view?
- Do images matter? What is value of examining images of Africa?
- The various images of Sarah Baartman, the South African woman exhibited in shows in London and Paris between 1810 and 1815, convey the power of images in shaping how people are treated. Choose the most correct statement:
- Name a South African writer who has written important and complex new novels set in the post-apartheid era.
- The literary theorist Ania Loomba analyzed different types of images produced in Europe during the colonial era. She found that the Americas, the colonies in Asia and those in Africa tended to be represented in literature and art in distinctive ways. Africa tended to be portrayed:
- K. Sello Duiker has written ground-breaking fiction that deals with homosexuality in which country?
- Ngugi wa Thiongo, the famous novelist from Kenya, writes in Gikuyu and then translates his work into English in order to:
- Name the art works inspired by Sarah Baartman.
- What is the title of the Nigerian author Chinua Achebe’s famous novel published in 1958?
- Who is the author of Half of a Yellow Sun, the novel on the Biafran War in Nigeria that led to three million deaths?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
Regular price $1299 $12.99
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based
Regular price $2499 $24.99