AFR 110 AFR110 Lesson 8 Quiz with Answers (Penn State University)
AFR 110 AFR110 Lesson 8 Quiz Answers (Penn State University)
- Identify a scholar of African feminism among the names below.
- Name the highest-ranking female official in South Africa to date.
- As students and scholars, we are not immune to stereotyped or limited ideas about gender in Africa ourselves. What are some of the pitfalls for academics of such ideas?
- Name the journal based at the University of Cape Town that deals with issues of gender on the African continent.
- Name some of the disadvantages of using the idea of an “authentic” or “traditional” view of African culture as a strategy against criticisms of African cultures around gender. Choose the most accurate statement.
- African universities have been a prominent space for women’s advancement and activism and more than 30 African institutions teach gender studies. What kinds of women’s activism is evident in intellectual spaces?
- Name Africa’s largest democracy
- What are the historical dimensions of issues of gender and sexuality in Africa? Select the most accurate statement.
- Binary oppositions of “authentic culture” and “Westernization” have been used to delegitimize the struggles for women’s rights in the Global South. Show how feminists have contested this approach. Choose the most accurate statement below.
- Choose the statement about women’s representation below that is inaccurate.
<hr style="" class="ProductSectionSeparator" />
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based