AFR 110 AFR110 Lesson 7 Quiz with Answers (Penn State University)
AFR 110 AFR110 Lesson 7 Quiz Answers (Penn State University)
- What are Free Trade Agreements and what are their implications for African countries? Choose the most accurate statement.
- In the 1960s and 1970s, newly independent African countries used their resources to generate new forms of industry. Name the industries that were developed at this time.
- Are development goals (such as poverty alleviation) and international FREE trade agreements in opposition to each other? Select the most accurate option below.
- What are the current external challenges facing African economies?
- What are the criticisms of development economics?
- How are Free Trade Agreements under the rules of the World Trade Organization (WTO) applied to African countries?
- Soon after independence, agriculture in countries like Kenya, Cote d’Ivoire and Zimbabwe experienced a boom. However, these economies declined after a decade of impressive growth. Why was this?
- What is the “dependency theory” of economic development?
- The historian Fred Cooper calls development “an internationalization of colonialism.” What does this mean?
- Today’s many African countries face high unemployment, high debt, low levels of investment and growth, a deteriorating infrastructure and the loss of skilled labor to the developed world. What are some of the factors behind this?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based