AFR 110 AFR110 Lesson 5 Quiz with Answers (Penn State University)
AFR 110 AFR110 Lesson 5 Quiz Answers (Penn State University)
1. The author of the following poem in the collection Return to my native land (1947) is by the Martinican poet: my negritude is not a stone nor a deafness flung against the clamor of the day my negritude is not a white speck of dead water on the dead eye of the earth my negritude is neither tower nor cathedralit plunges into the red flesh of the soil it plunges into the blaxing flesh of the sky my negritude riddles with holes the dense affliction of its worthy patience.
2. The British system of colonial government, which aimed to “school” Africans in different levels of government beginning at the local level until they gradually proved themselves capable of “self-government” was called …
3. Leopold Senghor was a leader of the anti-imperial resistance to France in
4. Kwame Nkrumah was a leader in the resistance to British rule in:
5. This country received its independence from Britain in 1957, and was the first Sub-Saharan country to become independent.
6. Jomo Kenyatta was a leader of the anti-imperial resistance to Britain in:
7. Egypt was the second African country to gain its independence, and this occurred in:
8. Why did Europe accede to the demands of African leaders at the time of indepenence?
9. This country gained its independence from France in 1956
10. This was the last country to become a democracy in Africa, holding its first fully participatory elections in 1994.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based