ADM 554 ADM554 Workshop Four - 4.2 Dropbox Homework (Indiana)
ADM 554 Workshop Four - 4.2 Dropbox Homework
1. Using the appropriate software (POM or OM Explorer), solve the following problems:
a. Chapter 8: Problem 4 – OM Explorer/ Enable Macros/ OM Explorer/ Solvers/Lean Systems/Number of Containers
b. Chapter 8: Problem 6 – OM Explorer/ Enable Macros/ OM Explorer/ Solver/Lean Systems/Number of Containers
c. Chapter 9: Problem 6 – POM/Module/Inventory Management/File/New/Economic Order Quantity – No Reorder Point
d. Chapter 9: Problem 9 – POM/Module/Inventory Management/File/New/ Economic Order Quantity – Compute Reorder Point
Hints for Problem 9–9:
a. From the table in a, find the number of orders per year.
b. What is the optimal interval in working days between orders, assuming 300 working days per year.
c. What is the demand during lead time (daily demand times the amount of lead time).
d. What is the reorder point? From chart.
e. What is the inventory position immediately after an order has been placed? Reorder point + EOQ
e. Chapter 10: Problem 7 - OM Explorer/Enable Macros/OM Explorer Solver/Supply Chain Design/Inventory Estimator
2. After inputting the proper data into POM click the Solve button on the menu bar.
3. Right click on the pertinent charts, tables and/or graphs from OM Explorer or POM to copy to a Word document.
4. Paste the pertinent charts, tables and/or graphs from OM Explorer or POM to a single Word document.
5. Provide an answer to each part of the assigned problem based on the output from POM or OM Explorer.
6. When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself in a location that is convenient for you to locate and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox prior to start of Workshop Five.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based