APOL 220 APOL220 Quiz 1 Answers - Liberty
APOL 220 Quiz 1 Answers (Liberty University)
- The grand biblical narrative moves in what order? new creation-fall-creation-redemptio
- The authors do not think that suffering points to the existence of God.
- Life in the church, that is, the way the church lives together, is meant to be a witness to the reality of God
- In Apologetics at the Cross, the authors use the analogy of building a house to describe their methodology.
- In order to win people to the gospel, Paul was not willing to be flexible in his persuasive efforts.
- This statement, “The God of the Bible becomes completely human and hurts in every way that we do—from physical pain, social rejection, misunderstanding, hatred, violence, and death” would fall under which apologetic category in the Bible?
- To maintain a balanced view of the Old Testament, one must remember the prophets spoke not only against the culture of their day, but also with and for it.
- The authors choose to label our current cultural context as “Late Modernism.”
- This statement “In the Old Testament world, the primary question was not whether or not a god or gods existed, but which god was true” highlights which apologetic type in Chapter 1?
- The lives of Jesus Christ’s followers ought to make an apologetic impact
- According to Psalm 19:1–6, the heavens act as an apologist for God! This is an example of which apologetic type?
- It was in the context of _____________ that Paul spoke against “eloquence and human wisdom” in 1 Corinthians 2:1-5.
- The what of your apologetic response to others is far more important than how one presents reasons and arguments.
- The authors state that apologetics, in its most basic form, is “the practice of making an appeal and a defense for the Christian faith.”
- In the context of polemics, the biblical creation account speaks _________ the surrounding culture, defending its view of creation against the prevailing cosmological narratives
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based